Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Episerver forms - post form data without page reload

Vote:

Hi,

I'm planning to use Episerver forms on a page to gather information from the visitor regarding their purpose for visiting.
This will be shown as a small popup on the page. I want to use Episerver forms for this because of the ease of creating different forms and storing the data.

I did however notice when testing Episerver forms that when submitting the page reloads. I would like some pointer on what options I have to be able to submit the data without the page reload. Do I need to create a custom controller or would hooking in to one of the existing events suffice?

All input or help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Jan 26, 2018 8:03
Vote:

Hi,

By default Forms using ajax to submit user data, no reload page necessary. Please check the file Forms.config contain this line:

workInNonJSMode="false"

Then try to restart site.

Hope this help.

Jan 29, 2018 8:41
Vote:

Hi,

workInNonJSMode was already set to false unfortunatly.

I have Episerver forms 4.6 installed, could it be a version issue?

Jan 29, 2018 8:56
Vote:

Please check your browser if it support js. And open dev tool to see XHR requrest send to server. Can you try on fresh site with Alloy template?

Jan 29, 2018 9:00
Vote:

I'm using latest version of Chrome and Firefox and have no addons or extensions to block js.

There are no XHR-requests sent when clicking submit, the page reloads.

Will test with a fresh Alloy and get back with results.

Jan 29, 2018 9:28
Vote:

Check if you make the form display a page after submitting. The redirecting can be set in "All Properites" mode of Forms or Submit button.

Jan 29, 2018 9:34
Vote:

I did not use the redirecting property on the formcontainer or the submit-button.

It works fine in an Alloy site, there is a xhr-submit event as expected and the site does not reload. I installed the same version of Forms on the Alloy site.

Jan 29, 2018 10:30
Vote:

It might be due to lack of @Html.RequiredClientResources("Footer") and @Html.RequiredClientResources("Header") in your page template. Can you check that?

Jan 29, 2018 10:33
Vote:

Yes I did miss those lines in my _layout view.

When including those lines I get SSL-protocol errors in the console from webresource.axd so it seems that it tried to load the resources but I'll have to configure ssl for my localhost in order to test.

Jan 29, 2018 11:20
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.