Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Why "Send email after form submission" is not a culture specific?

Vote:

I am creating a form which should be sent to an email and the form should be localizable in multiple languages. The email subject and body should also be translatable. The email from field value should be different for different languages too.

How localization should be set up in this case for Episerver Forms? Is there any way to achieve it?

Edited, Nov 22, 2018 15:47
Vote:

Hi, You can go to admin mode then change the property [SendEmailAfterSubmisionActor] to be culture specific. Then enter the fields for each language version. Forms should send email with different template for submission from diferent culture (since I have tested).

Nov 23, 2018 4:49
Vote:

But if I deploy a new version, isn't Episerver going to override that property back to a single culture?

Nov 23, 2018 6:47
Vote:

I guess no. But you could try a test.

Nov 23, 2018 7:22
Vote:

As I recall, manual changes take priority over code-first changes so any changes you make in admin should remain. That said, when we hit that same issue, I created an initialisation module to make the change so that:
a) we could be sure the change remains even if a content type sync tries to override it
b) the change could be rolled out to the various environments without having to manually update anything

In an ideal world I'd prefer it if the SendEmailAfterSubmisionActor was culture specific though.

Nov 23, 2018 11:15
Evdin Ursan - Feb 05, 2021 5:38
Can you please be so kind and share some parts of that initialization module, especially the part regarding making the email actor culture specific? Thank you!!!!
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.