Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Form Templates

Vote:

Hi,

Is there any way to define some base template forms that our customers can then customise.  I realise this can be done with code but we are looking for a simpler way of generating the base template forms as there may be a large number of forms.

The inbuilt content import and export functionality does not meet our needs as it is not reliable enough and doesn't include all the necessary settings.

Thanks,

Feb 21, 2018 5:09
Vote:

Hi,

Forms and Forms elements are blocks, so it should behaviour as blocks. Why the import/export functions are not usable? Could you explain how to reproduce the case "doesn't include all the necessary settings."?

Feb 26, 2018 8:07
Vote:

We are looking at a use case where we need a library of basic forms that can then be used/modified by our customers, so that they can then modify them without having to build the forms from scratch.

This means all of our customers don't have to build the form from scratch when they only want to make minor modifications to the base form template.

The problem with the import/export functionality is that it still requires manual intervention for things like permissions and in some cases it will fail because of differences between the sites.  We are looking at deploying this in an automated deployment scenario, hence we would prefer that it is usable after the deployment is finished without human intervention.

Edited, Feb 26, 2018 23:47
Vote:

I think you have to write code to create the foms in your way. There is no simpler method as I know.

Feb 28, 2018 5:23
Vote:

I figured as much just wanted to make sure.

Feb 28, 2018 5:38
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.