Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

URL Link in any field in a form?

Vote:

Hey all,

It seems I cannot put a URL in a blank field on a form. Seems that all formula boxes do not allow html even.

Anyone can advise how to do so?

Thanks!

Sep 12, 2018 16:56
Vote:

Hi Sherif,
Are you using the Forms Add-on described here: https://world.episerver.com/documentation/developer-guides/forms/? If so, which version are you using?

Sep 12, 2018 17:58
Vote:

Hello Sherif, 

It would also be clearer for us if you can describe the form content you are trying to create, and where you would like to put the URL to and why. 

Here's an example:

Form title

Form description (url link here, so that visitor can read the full privacy policy or reward program of this form...)

question 1

url link here...

I hope to learn more about your case to provide the best solutions.

Manh

UX designer at Epi.

Sep 13, 2018 6:45
Vote:

http://www.filminstitutet.se/sv/fa-kunskap-om-film/digitalisering-av-film/onska-film-till-digitalisering2/

I would like to add a URL link in the form , but the form options (text, text box, alternatives, leading text...etc) doesn't enable me to paste in a URL as a HyperLink so that users can read our Privacy Policy before they click submit.

Thanks

Sep 13, 2018 11:37
Vote:

Hello, for now there's one form element named: Rich text (with placeholders) that allows some style editing and url. 

You can add it before the checkbox element or after it to show your user the privacy policy link. If the checkbox element's label text is redundant by then, you can delete it.

Would this element satisfy your current need?

What are the other cases where you want to have url or html in forms?

Thanks! 

Sep 13, 2018 11:52
Vote:

I tried doing so but seems it didn't work. Is it ever possible to send me screenshots for the correct steps so I follow?

Thanks a lot Manh,

Sherif

Sep 13, 2018 12:02
Vote:

Hi, I hope you can describe how you used the rich text element? There might be things I can learn from your flow to improve user experience. Thanks!

Meanwhile, here's how I did it. Please pay attention to the rectangle with red border (I only have Alloy to work with, so pardon me):

First, you drag the form element rich text into form container

You place the element at correct position inside the container

You choose edit the element

You add the text in the textbox, then select the text you want to add url. Then you click the button to insert link.

You fill in the link title and other information in the new dialog box then hit ok

you publish the changes to the elements. then you return to the form container and publish the changes as well.

In the page that contain the form, you can see the text which has the url.

Please try and tell me how it goes. And if you don't mind, please also tell me how you tried the form element rich text before, so I can learn and improve user experience. 

Thanks!

Sep 13, 2018 13:21
Vote:

All images you have attached, do not show :( Can you send me this by email perhaps? I am really sorry for the annoyance.

ssalehfadl@gmail.com

Sep 13, 2018 13:44
Vote:

I am using CMS 7.5

Sep 13, 2018 16:10
Vote:

Hi Sherif,

It looks like you are using XForm which is old form system of EPiServer, and now it is obsoleted. As far as I know, you cannot add link element into the XForm. But you can do a "hack" by writing some JS scripts to insert your link element into area you needed.

Edited, Sep 14, 2018 4:43
Vote:

Hi Sherif, 

I have asked Mr. Dac Thach Nguyen to answer you since he is our experienced developer who knows how to create forms in CMS 7.5. My earlier comments just assumed you have Form Addon installed, sorry. Please read the comment of Mr. Dac above. 

Have a good day! 

Sep 14, 2018 5:06
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.