Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour today (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Forms Hidden Visitor Profiling Geo Country always empty

Vote:

I'm using EPiServer.Forms v4.26.0. 

There's a form setup with a Hidden Visitor Profiling field, set to use Geo - Country Code. But if you go looking at form submissions, this is always blank. Trying any of the other hidden visitor profile options also ends up with blank results. I've tested it repeatedly and ensured that Chrome setting for 'Do not track' is OFF but can not figure out why this isn't working. 

I've tried both setting this to use the Cloudflare header (<add key="episerver:ClientLocationHeader" value="CF-IPCountry" />), and then tried using the EPiServer.Personalization.MaxMindGeolocation package and downloaded database but neither works when deployed to our DXC test environment (or locally). I followed the config steps from the developer guide. 

Is there anything else that needs to be done to set this up? I've hit a wall and cannot get this working at all. Does anyone have experience with this? 

Nov 08, 2019 0:31
Vote:

Are you testing that (using maxmind) on local? Because on local your ip will be loopback ip (127.0.0.1). This ip will not be on list of maxmind database so your location will not be retrieved.

And, as you have configured maxmind to retrieve the geographic location I think the CF-IPCountry will not work as per comment "header-based geolocation is only used when no Geolocation provider has been configured and that it is limited to Country and Continent locations" at bottom of this link page.

Nov 08, 2019 15:35
Vote:

I've tested both methods on our test server on DXC, and it's not working there. 

And yes, when I tried the Cloudflare header method using CF-IPCountry, I did so without the MaxMind configured per the page you linked. Even with the Geolocation provider removed/not existing, it still doesn't work. 

Nov 08, 2019 15:54
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.