Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Selection Element Placeholder Text Translation

Vote:

Hi 

I have a form with a Selection element,

In that, I see the default Placeholder text is displaying as "-- Select an option --", (I'm not sure from where it's coming)

My problem is the default Placeholder is not translating for Portuguese, however, it's automatically translating for Spanish, Deutsch,..

I'm not sure I can translate this Placeholder, can Someone have any idea about this issue.?

I tried to use the custom text in the Placeholder textbox, but it's not translated for any languages.

Also, we are using the organic Optimizely Selection. (No customization)

Thank you,

Hari

Aug 04, 2022 17:12
Vote:

Hello,

The placeholder text can be translated/customized by using a XML language file. Create any XML file such as Forms.xml in the /Lang folder of your solution. The following snippet is an example of how you can override the default placeholder text of the Selection element for the English language. 

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="yes"?>
<languages>
	<language name="English" id="en">
		<episerver>
			<forms>
				<viewmode>
					<selection>
						<!--Update the values here to override-->
						<selectanoption>-- Select an option --</selectanoption> 
						<selectoptions>-- Select options --</selectoptions>
					</selection>
				</viewmode>
			</forms>
		</episerver>
	</language>
</languages>

I do not have the Portugues language configured so that's why I'm using English as an example. However to do this for Portugues simply update the values in the <language> element. You can find more details about the translation files and how to use them in the documentation here:
https://docs.developers.optimizely.com/content-cloud/v11.0.0-content-cloud/docs/localizing-the-user-interface

Cheers 😄

Edited, Aug 05, 2022 1:29
Harinarayanan - Aug 19, 2022 13:33
Thank you Ynze.. The above solution works..
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.