Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Can I get your opinion on something I find unacceptable?

Vote:

So every time I use Forms in a project I tell the client that we should not override the razor view for field elements if we can avoid it. But you know designers and clients sometime would like to bend and fiddle what is inside the box (in this case the razor views in the Forms package). The problem is of course that if we override the razor views we have to make sure to sync potential future changes from the orignial razor views into the overridden ones (ekstra work on package updates).

So to check for changes in the original views the Forms developers has tagged each razor view with a version and a modified date. Now the problems is that Optimizely has changes at in least one razor view (the most used one actually) without updating the version and modified date. Below is 5.0 on the left and 5.2.1 on the right. (they added a required * which is a nice feature add btw)

I find this highly unacceptable. What do you think? I am just raising a storm in a glass of water? :)

Sep 28, 2022 8:44
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.