Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

403 Using the Insights Profile endpoint

Vote:

Hello

I'm currently trying to hit our Insights Profile endpoint with Postman to retrieve a single profile but am only receiving a 403. In the Swagger documentation there is a Epi-User-Name header that is required which I can't see documented anywhere in the documentation on EPi world (https://world.episerver.com/documentation/developer-guides/profile-store/profile-store-api/profiles/querying-profiles/), not sure what actual username I should be using for this. I have used the CMS admin login but am having no luck.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks David

Oct 01, 2019 10:58
Vote:

After debugging the reuqest sent from Episerver using Fiddler, it turns out there is an additional header required called Epi-User-Roles (this is documentated in Swagger but not as a required field). I've used the following value which was used, not sure how we were supposed to know to use this value: "ProfilesViewers|ProfilesCampaignViewers|ProfilesSegmentViewers|ProfilesProfileViewers|ProfilesReportViewers|ProfilesAdministrators"

Oct 01, 2019 12:22
Vote:

Hi David,

You shouldn't use Insight API, you should instead use the Profile Store API.

• Insight API: Used by our Cloud UI, and can get breaking changes at any time.
  • Profile Store API: Our public API, which should be used by partner developers
Oct 08, 2019 14:01
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.