Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Personalized group with list of blocks?

Vote:

Is there a way to get the personalized group to contain more than one block for each visitor group? We have a calendar that contains calendar items that are supposed to be aimed to certain groups. But it quickly gets out of hand and impossible for the editors to keep track of all the personalized groups when each group can only contain one block for each visitor group.

What we are asking for is a way to do this, but with a list of blocks for "Sweden" where the visitor group sees all the blocks in that group.

This is impossible for the editors when the list of calendar items for "Sweden" is more than a few.

This is what we want to be able to do:

Edited, Jun 02, 2020 8:03
Vote:

Hi,

This is not out-of-box available so you need to add it one by one.

Please see David comment on below thread-

https://world.episerver.com/forum/legacy-forums/Episerver-7-CMS/Thread-Container/2015/6/several-blocks-in-personalized-group-not-allowed/

Jun 02, 2020 14:49
Vote:

Thank you. That's a shame. Makes the personalized groups almost useless for us. :(

Jun 02, 2020 15:11
Vote:

Hi,

As Ravindra points out, this isn't supported out of the box as a maximum of one item should show per personalisation group. There are a few ways around it though.

If it's acceptable for your content items to only ever be accessible to those who match your visitor group, you could use your visitor groups to set access permissions on the content. That way you wouldn't need to set up any personalised groups at all. You'd just drop the content into the content area and, if the user isn't in the group, they wouldn't see it.

You could also consider creating a container block and adding all of your content for each visitor group to that block. You could then add the container rather than the individual items.

I suspect you could also implement some logic in the Render method of a custom implementation of ContentAreaRenderer to split out any items with duplicate visitor group inside a given ContentGroup (personalisation group) into a separate ContentGroup before calling base.Render. I've not tried it though it's probably the closest you'd get to what you're looking to do.

Jun 02, 2020 15:23
Vote:

Thank you Paul. I will try you suggestions.

Jun 02, 2020 15:26
Vote:

It's really an amazing blog great to get the relatives information through your site for all the people, I appreciate your efforts.

Jun 10, 2020 6:11
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.