Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

CMS Edit Link is wrong

Vote:

Hi,

I've created new EPiServer 7 CMS site using deployment center and logged in as an administrator. I want to go to edit mode but the corresponding link is wrong:

<a href="/sitemanagement/Cms" class="epi-navigation-global_cms_Home" tabindex="-1" aria-pressed="false">Edit</a> 

The admin mode link looks ok:

<a href="/sitemanagement/CMS/Admin/Default.aspx" class="epi-navigation-global_cms_admin " tabindex="-1" aria-pressed="false">Admin Mode</a>

So I have to manually type .../sitemanagement/cms/Edit/Default.aspx into browser address field. Is this a bug or is there a way for changing this behavior via configuration?

Jan 17, 2013 13:36
Vote:

I am not sure what happens to your edit mode with /sitemanagement/CMS, but what I have noticed is the following:

For edit mode, I have a similar address: /secret/CMS, but when I am on a page, I am redirected to /secret/CMS/Home#context=epi.cms.contentdata:///4 (for start page, for example)

It is possible that I add edit to this address though /secret/CMS/edit. However, in that case I get the old edit mode, I think it's some kind of compatibility view.

Perhaps, the bug is that /sitemanagement/CMS doesn't give you edit mode, but the address itself doesn't seem to be wrong.

Jan 18, 2013 9:56
Vote:

Thanks for the reply Marija. Looks like it's by design. 

I've managed to set things up for Alloy Tech test site. I still can't reach edit mode on my main solution but it's another problem.

Thanks. 

Edited, Jan 18, 2013 13:56
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.