Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Paste plain text

Vote:

Hi.
I am thinking about making a editor plug-in that can strip tags from text that is pasted in to a HtmlEditor. If you copy formatted text from example word, the plug-in strips all the formatting tags and only plain text is pasted into the editor. Do you think the best way is to make a plug-in, or is the best way to make a custom editor? Have anybody made something like this before, or could somebody point me in the right direction?

Thanks
Magne

Oct 30, 2008 14:50
Vote:

Hi Magne! There is already a ready-made feature at the editor, on the right click menu: "Paste Unformatted". Wink

Greetings, Jorma

Oct 30, 2008 15:07
Vote:

Good to know Embarassed

Thanks Jorma

Oct 30, 2008 15:11
Vote:

Hi Magne.

If you want "Paste Unformatted" to be done when the user presses CTRL + V, take a look at this forum post. http://world.episerver.com/Forum/Pages/Thread.aspx?id=15981&epslanguage=en. I am using it in every project, and it works like a charm :)

BR,

Tore 

Oct 30, 2008 16:09
Vote:

Thank you Tore! That was a good solution! 

Magne 

Oct 30, 2008 16:20
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.