Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Chinese language support

Vote:

Hi,

I'm wondering if anyone has done a site that supports all or some of the Chinese language formats:

zh-CN Chinese - China
zh-HK Chinese - Hong Kong SAR
zh-MO Chinese - Macau SAR
zh-SG Chinese - Singapore
zh-TW Chinese - Taiwan
zh-CHS Chinese (Simplified)
zh-CHT Chinese (Traditional)

In our current implementation we have zh-CN and zh-CHS enabled. Does anyone know if EPiServer will support all of the formats above? If so does it require any change to the SQL Server database collation?

Thanks in advance

Jan 20, 2009 15:36
Vote:

Hi Graeme,

I'm interested in the same issue. Hopefully someone out there knows something.

Regards,

Ian

Jan 20, 2009 16:24
Vote:

没问题 :)

In english:

no problem.  

You don't need change anything in database.

For editors they need just change their input method in their language bar and start edit the page. However EPiServer has only translated UI for simplified chinese.

Jan 21, 2009 9:50
Vote:

excellent - thanks for your help
Jan 21, 2009 10:27
Vote:

Hi again,

We've had a request to create a site which will use Traditional Chinese (zh-CHT). I couldn't find this anywhere in the available languages and there's no option to add it either. As a test I manually added this to the DB on my dev box using dbo.netLanguageBranchInsert, which made it available.

However, when i attempt to create a page in this language I get the following:

Please select a specific culture, such as zh-CN, zh-HK, zh-TW, zh-MO, zh-SG.

System.ArgumentException: Please select a specific culture, such as zh-CN, zh-HK, zh-TW, zh-MO, zh-SG.
at System.Globalization.CultureInfo.CreateSpecificCulture(String name)
at EPiServer.Globalization.SystemLanguage.DetermineCulture(LanguagePreferenceList languagePreference)
at EPiServer.Globalization.SystemLanguage.SetCulture(String priorityLanguage)
at EPiServer.Globalization.LanguageSelection.SetCulture()
at EPiServer.PageBase.InitializeCulture()
at ASP.pages_standard_aspx.__BuildControlTree(pages_standard_aspx __ctrl) in d:\Projects\NOVA Platform\Working\ReedExpo.Nova\ReedExpo.Nova.UI.Web\Pages\Standard.aspx:line 1
at ASP.pages_standard_aspx.FrameworkInitialize() in c:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Temporary ASP.NET Files\root\e6ef50c9\bc40982e\App_Web_5fhquqon.9.cs:line 0
at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)
at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest()
at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestWithNoAssert(HttpContext context)
at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context)
at ASP.pages_standard_aspx.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) in c:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Temporary ASP.NET Files\root\e6ef50c9\bc40982e\App_Web_5fhquqon.9.cs:line 0
at System.Web.HttpApplication.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()
at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)

Yo say above that all of the Chinese variants shoudl be avaialable, but it appears that you only support specific cultures, and not neutral ones, is that the case?

If you dont' support neutral cultures, what do you suggest that we do about creating a site in traditional chinese?

Thanks

Graeme

Jan 14, 2010 12:12
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.