Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Unable to login

Vote:

I've setup an development environment (CMS 5 R2) on my local computer (Vista). Everything works fine if I use "localhost" as host, but if I use my machinename instead, I cannot login. Nothing happens. Also, if I to enter worng password, I'll get an errormessage (Log in failed...). So, the system can validate my username and password, but nothing else.

Dec 21, 2009 12:22
Vote:

Have you checked the value of your uiUrl and utilUrl attributes in the <site> section in web.config? If these include localhost as hostname in the path you will not be able to access the ui on other hostnames. You can use a relative address like "~/cms/" to make it work on all hostnames.

Dec 21, 2009 12:34
Vote:

Hey Calle!

You might have a problem with loopback in IE if you're authenticating with your windows account.

Have you tried it with FireFox or Chrome?

If it works in any other browser than IE, then it's likely the loopback that's causing this error.

Here's a post on how to resolve the problem: http://blog.bergdaniel.se/post/You-are-not-authorized-to-view-this-page-in-IE-but-works-fine-in-FireFox!.aspx

Edited, Dec 21, 2009 22:41
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.