Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

NullrefenceException problem

Vote:

Hi,

I got a strange problem here (or maybe not).

I have a site, working fine locally in my machine, but when I published it, first it says can not find the pay, then when I tried to login as admin, I got this error:

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]
   EPiServer.Web.WebControls.MenuList.CreateChildControls() +288
   System.Web.UI.Control.EnsureChildControls() +87
   System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +44
   System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +171
   System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +171

So, it seems there's problem with the MenuList? then I manually removed the Menulist code, I can see the site, but everything is messed up. and when I logged in, the right click menu doesn't show up, I can't go to the editor or admin mode.

Anyone had this problem before? how can I fix it, the thing is the code works fine locally but not when I published on a live server.  and the Episerver:Menulist is inside an ascx, no coldbehind,  very simple like this '

<EPiServer:MenuList ID="MenuL" PageLink="8" runat="server">.....

'

So what might be the problem? how come it works locally but not on a server? actually, I published the site on my local machine, it works, but not a live one. did I screw up with the publishing? or is there anything missing on the server?

Thank u guys so much for answering.

Have a nice day!

Feb 17, 2009 12:18
Vote:

Hi Lei,
Please check all the proerties are available in the other environment(exclucing local)

Could you please send the code snippet , it will help us to figure out the problem.

Feb 18, 2009 5:47
Vote:

This is a very late answer - but just in case anyone else gets this problem...

The likely cause is the page containing this control has the wrong base class. It should inherit from EPiServer.TemplatePage.

Dec 07, 2010 13:44
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.