Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Demo site, Problem with login into Edit mode

Vote:

Hi,

I have installed demo site for (EPiServer CMS 5.2.375.7) on win2003. I can login to the site but when try to use edit/admin mode I sends back to login page and I can't login again as same user (my administrator login on the server). I don't know how to fix this problem. Any help on this?

Mar 17, 2009 10:34
Vote:

Perhaps the user you are logging in as is not a member of the groups with access to the UI location in web.config (check location/authorization tags for your UI paths). You speak about the demo site and I think the default after installation is that the windows membership/role provider is used, and the locations are configured for Administrators, WebAdmins and WebEditors. So you have to be a member of the windows Administrators group to log in to edit/admin mode.

Mar 17, 2009 11:09
Vote:

What is your OS language?
Mar 17, 2009 14:40
Vote:

I use the Administrator user when login. My OS language is Swedish.
Mar 18, 2009 15:33
Vote:

Thanks, I put the tag bellow because the OS Language is Swedish and it works now.

<allow roles="WebEditors, WebAdmins, Administrators, Administratörer"/>

Mar 18, 2009 15:47
Vote:

I have the same problem on Vista. My Os language is Russian. The code below doesn't work:

<allow roles="WebEditors, WebAdmins, Administrators, Администраторы"/>

Any ideas?

Mar 26, 2009 16:16
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.