Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Migration tool and permanent links problem

Vote:

Hello,

I am migrating a 4.62B site to CMS 5.2 using the Migration tool v1.1.0.28 (according to the .exe file). When I come to the permanent link conversion it stops working after some time - every 30 seconds displaying the same message
[Information] Processed links for 39401 properties, status inprogress
until I have to stop the migration manually. I have had the migration job running for over 10 hours and it won't get past this.

Anyone have any pointers as to how I can troubleshoot this and see which page/link/property migration goes awry? All comments are appreciated.

Regards,
/Marten

Mar 02, 2009 10:04
Vote:

Hi Marten,

Sorry for replying to this old post. I'm facing the similar issue. Can you please let me know if you were able to resolve this issue. Thanks in advance.

Aug 24, 2012 17:50
Vote:

If you check the installation folder for the Migration tool you can find the ConvertLinks.aspx and codefile so you could easy add your own logging etc for debugging whats causing the error.

Oct 09, 2012 19:58
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.