Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

How to Set up the Development Environment - MainMenu and Code

Vote:

Thanks for reading this guys.  Firstly - the download code link from this video doesn't work.  I suspect the IIS server may not be able to handle the ZIP extension, or else the URL is incorrect.  I clicked the Download Code link from the Video section under the "How to Set up Development Environment".  I got a 404 error.

Secondly - I was following the tutorial and I think I may have made a mistake because I used different CSS (shouldn't be a problem - right?) but I can't see the new page I created.  In the video, the developer is clicking the existing default pages and can see the newly created Aqua page in EVERY other page.  For me, I created a Juder page and can only view it from Juder itself (e.g. the public:MainMenu control will only display Juder.aspx link when viewing Juder.aspx).  Here's the code:

Juder.aspx

<%@ Page language="c#" Inherits="EPiServer.Templates.Public.Pages.Juder" Codebehind="Juder.aspx.cs" MasterPageFile="~/Templates/Public/MasterPages/Juder.Master" %>
<%@ Register TagPrefix="public" TagName="MainBody" src="~/Templates/Public/Units/Placeable/MainBody.ascx" %>
<%@ Register TagPrefix="public" TagName="PageList" src="~/Templates/Public/Units/Placeable/PageList.ascx" %>

Juder.Master

http://dpaste.com/48173/

Please can someone help me as I am new to EPiServer CMS! Laughing

May 27, 2009 13:02
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.