Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Change Vpp virtualPath name

Vote:

hi

we need to change the virtualpath from xxx -> yyy but when we change we lose all the files in the

vpp directory ( the files still there and the properites point to them)

<add showInFileManager="true" virtualName="Catalog Files" virtualPath="~/Catalog/" bypassAccessCheck="false" indexingServiceCatalog="Web" physicalPath="\\vmintdevnew\dvlpWWWRoot\VPP\MyEPiServerSite\Catalog" name="SiteCatalogFiles" type="EPiServer.Web.Hosting.VirtualPathVersioningProvider,EPiServer" />

Oct 04, 2010 11:03
Vote:

Can you give a little more detail around this? We move physical VPP locations without any problems?

It should be as simple as:

1. Copy your original VPP files from \\vmintdevOLD\dvlpWWWRoot\VPP\MyEPiServerSite\Catalog to \\vmintdevNEW\dvlpWWWRoot\VPP\MyEPiServerSite\Catalog
  2. Ensure that the new folder has anonymous (Everyone all) access to ensure ASP.net can access it
  3. Change the configuration as you showed in your original pos
Let me know how you get on...

Oct 04, 2010 12:16
Vote:

We need to change the name of the virtual path from xxx to yyyy

so image that was

http://aaa.com/catalog/a.gif -> http://aaa.com/catalog_images/a.gif

i need to change the name not the  location

Oct 04, 2010 15:51
Vote:

Unfortunately as far as I am aware there is no easy way to achieve this. You could:

1. Set up a new VPP folder with your desired path name
  2. Use EPiServer edit/admin mode to copy the files and folders from the old to the new folders
  3. Mark showInFileManager="false" on the old folder to stop editors accessing it, but maintaining old links

However this wont update all of your old links. You will either need to update these using an update through the API, or do this manually depending on the number of pages.

Oct 05, 2010 14:49
Vote:

What type of VPP are you using? If it is the VirtualPathVersioningProvider this should not be a problem since it renames all files that are uploaded to the system to a Guid. I.e. guid.fileextension.

According to your configuration I can see that you are using the Versioning Provider, so you should be able to accomplish this by simply renaming the virtualPath attribute in your configuration.

Regards,
    Dan

Nov 11, 2010 14:00
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.