Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

XForm error not displaying

Vote:

When I submit an XForm with missing data none of the error messages display. Instead the XPath to the error message is shown.

All the lang files are in the /lang folder.

Has anyone ever experienced this?

Apr 09, 2010 18:12
Vote:

Hi Greg!

The only thing that I can come up with right now is that the initialization of the web site has not been done properly. If this is the case it should probably affect other things as well. Is this the only problem you are experiencing on your site or are you expiencing other problems?

Regards
Linus Ekström
EPiServer Development Team

Apr 30, 2010 16:23
Vote:

I am having a similar issue:  The astrix is being shown but the error message is not being displayed.

Apr 12, 2012 7:16
Vote:

Barry: Do you have a validation summary in your template? The XForm validation is not responsible to render this message, it only adds a validation error to the page validation errors collection.

Apr 12, 2012 8:46
Vote:

I am not after the validation summary.  The only hting being displayed is the astrix with no normal error message ie "field requried"

Apr 13, 2012 1:21
Vote:

I am not after the validation summary.  The only thing being displayed is the astrix with no normal error message ie "field requried"

Apr 13, 2012 1:22
Vote:

hi Linus found the issue.  In the Global.asx file it was getting over writtern.  :(

Apr 13, 2012 1:39
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.