Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Problem resolving webservice path

Vote:

I'm developing a autocomplete function for a textbox using AutoCompleteExtender in Ajax Control Kit, and I'm using a web service for retriving the data. I 'm having problems getting it to work properly.

The webservice is located in epiroot/webservices, and the calling control has the ServicePath set to ~/WebSevices/AutoCompletesWS.asmx.

I'm callning the web service from three different urls;

MySite.se - Works OK

MySite.se/sv - Can't resolve webservice, getting the error No web service found at: /sv/WebServices/AutoCompleteWS.asmx.

MysSite.se/sv/somewhere/more_deep_down - Works OK

Why doesn't it work with /sv? 

May 31, 2010 10:40
Vote:

I found out that it didn't work on other levels as well. I also found a solution for the problem, by using the hostname (and port number) when linking the webservice I got it to work at all times. 

Instead of ~/WebSevices/AutoCompletesWS.asmx. I used http://localhost:17000/WebSevices/AutoCompletesWS.asmx

May 31, 2010 11:44
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.