Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Import/Mirror dynamic content with page reference

Vote:

Is it possible to import/mirror pages that include dynamic content that have properties of the type PageReference?
I have tried to import a page with a dynamic content control. The control has a property of the type PageReference. When the page is imported the reference is not translated to the corresponding page on the local site.

Normally when you import a page that has a page reference the reference is translated to the corresponding referenced page on the site that imports the page. The mapping seems to be lost when page references are used in dynamic content. The same goes for categories.

Oct 31, 2011 10:46
Vote:

Hi, did you ever find a solution to this problem? I'm encountering it myself and not quite sure how to go about sorting it.

Nov 06, 2012 10:38
Vote:

Hi!

There does not seem to be an automatic support to convert page references stored inside the state of a dynamic content when mirroring or exporting/importing content. In our own page property dynamic content implementation we store the GUID of the page that we reference. We also implement the IRefecenceMap interface that makes it possible to remap changed references, for instance when installing the same package on a site several times.

Nov 06, 2012 13:02
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.