Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Upgrade from Episerver 5 R2 SP1 to Episerver 5 R2 SP2

Vote:

Hi,

I have a customer where I want to upgrade to latest version. The current version is Episerver CMS 5 R2 SP1 (.133)

I'm trying to upgrade to SP2, but always receive the same error:

Error - A transport-level error has occurred when receiving results from the server. (provider: TCP Provider, error: 0 - The specified network name is no longer available.)

I have some experience from previous upgrades where the database had to have access from the same windows user as the user logged on the web server. I have done so and made the windows user member of db_owner. The only difference from the user on the web server and database server is that the users are local, meaning that the domains are different.

I have googled around, but cannot find a suitable solution for my problem. The only solutions I find is that it is a network issue or that it is a connection timeout problem. The website is working, it is the upgrade that's not working only and the error occur at once without delay, so timeout can't be the problem either.

Anybody had similar problems? Please reply if you have any informatoin related to this problem! Thank you!

Jon Haakon

Nov 29, 2011 15:58
Vote:

Is there any more information in the upgrade log?

Frederik

Dec 01, 2011 21:17
Vote:

Are you performing the upgrade in the production environment or locally? Are site and database on same or different machines?

Quick tip: You will avoid a lot of upgrade problems if you can set up the site and database on the same server locally, then copy everything back to the production servers.

Dec 14, 2011 11:24
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.