Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

"An attempt was made to access a socket in a way forbidden by its access permissions"

Vote:

"An attempt was made to access a socket in a way forbidden by its access permissions"

I am having a problem with cache invalidation between two sites. Neighter of my sites want to load, with "enableRemoteEvents" set to true.
If i change it to false, as i did while debugging, it works. But, cache invalidation between servers wont function.

Any suggestions what might cause this "An attempt was made to access a socket in a way forbidden by its access permissions" error?

With the setting, assumed configured correctly, i am still adding parts of the configuration code below.

<services>
  <service name="<SITEID>/EPiServer.Events.Remote.EventReplication" behaviorConfiguration="DebugServiceBehaviour">
    <endpoint name="RemoteEventServiceEndPoint" contract="EPiServer.Events.ServiceModel.IEventReplication" bindingConfiguration="RemoteEventsBinding" address="net.tcp://localhost:13000/RemoteEventService" binding="netTcpBinding" />
  </service>
</services>
<client>
  <endpoint address="http://<SITEADRESS1>:8080/SearchService/webservices/FrontSearch" binding="basicHttpBinding" bindingConfiguration="SearchServiceSoapBinding" contract="SearchService.FrontSearch" name="SearchServiceClientEndPoint" />
  <endpoint name="<SITEID>" contract="EPiServer.Events.ServiceModel.IEventReplication" bindingConfiguration="RemoteEventsBinding" address="net.tcp://<SITEADRESS2>:13000/RemoteEventService" binding="netTcpBinding" />
</client>

EPiServerRemoteEventsListener works fine. Traffic from one server to the other server works proper.
I also downloaded the admin plugin, "EPiServer Events Monitor", and with "enableRemoteEvents" set to
false the site loads, but "EPiServer Events Monitor" shows a warning on "Publisher Site" and "Sites Subscribed To".
And of course "Remote Events Enabled" are disabled to get site up.

Jun 21, 2011 10:30
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.