Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

EPiServer:PageList Paging - Alloy Tech Blog Example

Vote:

Hello everyone,

I am having some problems add a pager to the EPiServer pagelist on the Alloy Tech blog example. The pager appears and initilizes correctly but when it posts back it doesn't update the page index:
http://kga.fr.emperor-design.com/en/Company/CEO-Blog/

Here is the orginal control:

<EPiServer:PageList runat="server" DataSource="<%# BlogItems %>" MaxCount="<%# MaxCount %>">
	<ItemTemplate>
		<hr />
                <Blog:ItemSummary runat="server" SelectedPage="<%# Container.CurrentPage %>" SummaryTextLength="<%# SummaryTextLength %>" ShowImage="false" ShowWriter="false" />
        </ItemTemplate>
</EPiServer:PageList>

I have simple added the following:

<EPiServer:PageList runat="server" DataSource="<%# BlogItems %>" MaxCount="<%# MaxCount %>" Paging="true" PagesPerPagingItem="1">
	<ItemTemplate>
		<hr />
                <Blog:ItemSummary runat="server" SelectedPage="<%# Container.CurrentPage %>" SummaryTextLength="<%# SummaryTextLength %>" ShowImage="false" ShowWriter="false" />
        </ItemTemplate>

In addition the PageDataCollection BlogItems is protected; I changed this to public static.

I am not sure what else it can be?

Thanks,
Andy

Dec 01, 2011 16:54
Vote:

I think the problem is with DataBinding. Try and set the DataSource from code-behind instead:

<EPiServer:PageList runat="server" ID="BlogPostList" MaxCount="<%# MaxCount %>" Paging="true" PagesPerPagingItem="1">
	<ItemTemplate>
	  <hr />
	</ItemTemplate>
protected override void OnLoad(EventArgs e)
{
	base.OnLoad(e);

BlogPostList.DataSource = BlogItems;

}

Edited, Dec 01, 2011 20:56
Vote:

Hello Frederik,

Thats great; seems to work.

Thanks again for your help.

Andy

Dec 06, 2011 12:33
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.