Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

EPiServer.Property inside web user control not editable on page

Vote:

To explain further, I have a pagetype (lets call it Standard Page) which has a property of ListingHeading (an XHTML string). The listing itself which this property applys to is within a web user control (lets call it listing.ascx). The ListingHeading is displayed properly simply by using the following syntax inside the Listing.ascx file:

<EPiServer:Property PropertyName="ListingHeader" ID="ListingHeader" runat="server" />

However when I enter DOPE mode, this property is not available for editing (unlike the other Property controls that are included on the Standard Page).

Is there any way (apart from moving parts of the Listing.ascx template into the StandardPage.aspx) to make this property editable?
(I have searched but I may not have been looking inthe ight place so even a hint would be great!)

Dec 14, 2011 17:52
Vote:

Hi Danny

an xhtml string requires an editor. did you use a valid one?

Jan 18, 2012 11:21
Vote:

Does the usercontrol inherit episervers UserControlBase?

Jan 18, 2012 13:30
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.