Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour today (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Site upgrade - On Page Edit

Vote:

Hi,

We have just finished upgrading a clients site from v5. Everything seems to be working except for the on page edit mode. It says in the documentation:

When upgrading to EPiServer CMS 6 R2 from EPiServer CMS 5, the rich text editor defaults to the "old" editor, i.e. the CMS 5 Editor. This means that property types XHTML String (>255) will not be editable the rich text editor toolbar from View mode and can therefore not be edited on the page.

I thought that removing the entries in the web.config for the LegacyPropertyXhtmlStringControl would resolve but it hasn't. Is there anything else I need to do?

Paul

May 16, 2011 12:04
Vote:

Do you have the old editor when editing the page in Edit Mode? Or is this just related to On Page Edit? Are you running CMS 6 R2?

May 27, 2011 9:21
Vote:

Did any of you find an answer to this? I've been looking for a solution to this for a while - we needed to keep the legacy editor when we upgraded to CMS6, but now the editors can't use the on page editing anymore, except for longstring fields, i.e. preambles.

Feb 22, 2012 16:50
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.