Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

EPiServer:MenuList - Error Creating Control. Why?

Vote:

NewTopMenu.ascx has code:

<%@ControlLanguage="c#"AutoEventWireup="false"Codebehind="NewTopMenu.ascx.cs"Inherits="Templates.Intra.NewTopMenu"TargetSchema="http://schemas.microsoft.com/intellisense/ie5" %>

<%@RegisterTagPrefix="EPiServer"Namespace="EPiServer.Web.WebControls"Assembly="EPiServer.Web.WebControls"%>

<EPiServer:MenuListrunat="server"ID="MenuListControl"PageLink='<%#MenuRoot%>'>

<HEADERTEMPLATE><ul></HEADERTEMPLATE>

<ITEMTEMPLATE><li><EPiServer:Propertyid="Property1"runat="server"PropertyName="PageLink"/></li></ITEMTEMPLATE> 

<SELECTEDTEMPLATE><li><EPiServer:Propertyid="Property2"runat="server"PropertyName="PageLink"/></li></SELECTEDTEMPLATE> 
<FOOTERTEMPLATE></ul></FOOTERTEMPLATE>
</EPiServer:MenuList>
When I switch to Design mode (VS2008) I have got the following erro message:
Failed to create designer 'EPiServer.Web.WebControls.MenuList', EpiServer.Web.WebControls, Version=6.1.379.0...
What did I do wrong?
Jun 03, 2011 9:52
Vote:

Try deleting the designer file, then right-click your .ascx file and choose "Convert to Web Application". This will create a new designer file for you (or give you a more informative error message).

Hope this helps.

Frederik 

Jun 03, 2011 10:17
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.