Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Simple address only works on default language

Vote:

We have a site which utilizes globalization and have come across a problem where the simple address only works for the default language.

Our site is set to have the swedish as the default culture. We have a page published with a swedish and an english version with simple address page-swe and page-eng respectively. site.se/page-swe works as expected while site.se/page-eng responds with a 404. Both addresses work if I remove the default culture but.

Can anyone help me with this?

Regards Niklas

Oct 15, 2012 14:40
Vote:

Hi Niklas!

For your information: We have done a fix in EPiServer 7 to fix this so if an upgrade is an option this might solve your issue as soon as we get EPiServer 7 out of the building.

Regards
Linus Ekström

Oct 15, 2012 15:35
Vote:

Hi Linus,

I don't think that it is a big enough of an issue for us to warrant an upgrade at the moment but I will keep it in mind.

Thank you.

Oct 15, 2012 16:11
Vote:

If the simple adresses are built up with suffixes that matches the lang code or atleast are consistent over the site so you could do some logica around it, I guess you could do a httpmodule that if i'ts a simple adress for example english you get the page for swedish, gets the linkurl and do a transferrequest with the whole url including correct language.

Oct 15, 2012 16:33
Vote:

Hi, We have the same problem for one of our customers. Does anyone know how to or have already made a workaround for this?

Nov 07, 2012 13:01
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.