Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Use TCP rather than UDP Questions

Vote:

Hello,

I have an environment where UDP is not working and I need to use TCP if possible as described in http://blog.fredrikhaglund.se/blog/2009/09/22/episerver-cms-how-to-configure-remote-events-with-many-servers-and-firewalls-between-them/

Questions I have about this are:

• The article is for CMS 5 R1, does anyone know if this approach works for CMS 6 R2?
  • Does the siteID in the name attribute of the server need to be unique? For example we have four sites sharing the same database and they currently have the same siteID for UDP purposes, would I need to change these to make them unique or will having a different port for each site suffice

Thanks in advance,

Mark

Oct 26, 2012 12:44
Vote:

I've tried to set this up as described in http://blog.fredrikhaglund.se/blog/2009/09/22/episerver-cms-how-to-configure-remote-events-with-many-servers-and-firewalls-between-them/ and although the site works as expected in different locations I'm not getting updates made on one site on any of the others.

I have this set up in web.config as follows on four servers

<system.serviceModel>
      <services>
        <service name="SiteID/EPiServer.Events.Remote.EventReplication" behaviorConfiguration="DebugServiceBehaviour">
          <endpoint name="RemoteEventServiceEndPoint" contract="EPiServer.Events.ServiceModel.IEventReplication" bindingConfiguration="RemoteEventsBinding" address="net.tcp://localhost:13000/RemoteEventService" binding="netTcpBinding" />
        </service>
      </services>

<client>
        <endpoint name="SiteID-Server1IPAddress"
            contract="EPiServer.Events.ServiceModel.IEventReplication"
            bindingConfiguration="RemoteEventsBinding"
            address="net.tcp://Server1IPAddress:13000/RemoteEventService" binding="netTcpBinding" />
        <endpoint name="SiteID-Server2IPAddress"
            address="net.tcp://Server2IPAddress:13000/RemoteEventService" binding="netTcpBinding" />
        <endpoint name="SiteID-Server3IPAddress"
            address="net.tcp://Server3IPAddress:13000/RemoteEventService" binding="netTcpBinding" />
        <endpoint name="SiteID-Server4IPAddress"
            address="net.tcp://Server4IPAddress:13000/RemoteEventService" binding="netTcpBinding" />
      </client>

<behaviors>
        <serviceBehaviors>
          <behavior name="DebugServiceBehaviour">
            <serviceDebug includeExceptionDetailInFaults="true" />
          </behavior>
        </serviceBehaviors>
      </behaviors>

<bindings>
        <netTcpBinding>
          <binding name="RemoteEventsBinding">
            <security mode="None" />
          </binding>
        </netTcpBinding>
      </bindings>
    </system.serviceModel>

Note that I only have one entry for services/service as there is only one site but on multiple servers.

Is there anything obviously wrong? Do I need to set up address="net.tcp://localhost:13000/RemoteEventService" on all of the servers (if so how?)?

Any suggestions greatly appreciated,

Mark

Dec 27, 2012 15:32
Vote:

did you find a solution already... or see this blog?
http://andersnordby.wordpress.com/2012/12/18/episerver-remote-events-cms-6-r2/

Mar 19, 2013 14:52
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.