Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Alt-text not showing on image mouseover

Vote:

I am using Episerver cms 6 r2 in my application.I have a Image on one of my page, which we are getting from ImageVault.. When i click on Edit Mode,We have ALt text text field where can enter alternate text for the image. When i entered some text in Alt text field and do save and publish, I am not able to see that Alt text when i do mouse over on that image.

Am i missing something or My interpretation of ALt text is wrong.

Can anyone please help me.

thanx.

Nov 16, 2012 8:21
Vote:

There are no automatic connection between page type properties and what's rendered. Have you checked the page template code so it uses the alt text property when rendering the image?

Nov 16, 2012 8:44
Vote:

Hi Per,

My Page type class looks like below:

public class GenericContentPageType : PageTypeBase
{
[PageTypeProperty(EditCaption = "Page title", HelpText = "Page title", SortOrder = 100, Type = typeof(PropertyString), Required = true, UniqueValuePerLanguage = true, Searchable = true)]
public virtual string PageTitle { get; set; }

[PageTypeProperty(EditCaption = "Body copy", HelpText = "Body copy", SortOrder = 200, Type = typeof(PropertyXhtmlString), Required = true, UniqueValuePerLanguage = true, Searchable = true)]
public virtual string BodyCopy { get; set; }

[PageTypeProperty(EditCaption = "Image 1",HelpText = "Image 1" , SortOrder = 300, Type = typeof(ImageType), Required = false, UniqueValuePerLanguage = false, Searchable = true)]
public virtual string Image1 { get; set; }

[PageTypeProperty(EditCaption = "Image 2", HelpText = "Image 2", SortOrder = 400, Type = typeof(ImageType), Required = false, UniqueValuePerLanguage = false, Searchable = true)]
public virtual string Image2 { get; set; }

[PageTypeProperty(EditCaption = "Image 3",HelpText = "Image 3", SortOrder = 500, Type = typeof(ImageType), Required = false, UniqueValuePerLanguage = false, Searchable = true)]
public virtual string Image3 { get; set; }
}

As you can see , i have not set any kind of Alt text property for Image1, Image2, Image3.

I checked, but there is no pagetypePropertyattribute such as Alt text.

Is there something i have to do in Imagevault ?

Edited, Nov 16, 2012 9:37
Vote:

Hi,

Just to be clear, you should not see the alternate text when hovering an image. That's just an old incorrect feature in Internet Explorer. If you want a tooltip when hovering an image you should user the title attribute.

To see if the alternate text is rendered you have to check the markup, or disable images in your browser.

Are you using EPiServer Property control to render the image? If not, you have to parse the alternate text by your self. Found this code when I was Binging on Google:

string altText = ((string)PageData["Image1"]).Split('~')[2]; 

Edited, Nov 17, 2012 2:06
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.