Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Cannot Install Components from Edit Mode

Vote:

Following documentation, we have three red x's next to

Spellchecker, Microsoft Office Support                                    A component that enables the EPiServer CMS 5 Editor to use Microsoft Word spellchecker.                Component is not installed
                    Export to Excel, Microsoft Office Support                                    A component that can export forms data to Microsoft Excel.                Component is not installed
                    Advanced File Upload                                    A component that enables support for advanced file upload, for example drag-and-drop. Component is not installed

You are using version N/A of EPiServer Client Components

When we press the install button, the pop up loads, but we just get a red x appear.

Any Ideas?

Marc.

Nov 05, 2012 17:31
Vote:

I've had this issue too. I think my collegaue solved it by installing all three one after another.

Nov 05, 2012 19:46
Vote:

Did you uncomment the Office Integration in web.config?

<!-- 
    Uncomment the following section replace UI in the path attribute with your customized UI path 
    to enable Office integration in the application. 
  -->
  <!--<location path="EPiServer/CMS/OfficeIntegration">
    <system.web>
      <authorization>
        <allow users="*" />
      </authorization>
    </system.web>
  </location>-->

Nov 06, 2012 10:16
Vote:

Hello.

Yes, is uncommented out in the web.config, and amended the UI path to our own.

Been reading in blogs about manually extracting the dll's from the C:/Program Files... episerver etc etc, but no joy with that either.

Anyone know exactly what I have to type into the command prompt to get it to work?

Many Thanks.

Nov 08, 2012 11:25
Vote:

Edited, Nov 20, 2012 13:24
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.