Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Logged in user cannot access EPiServer Edit/Admin

Vote:

Hi,

I have some problems with a solution where I try to log in to EPiServer Edit-mode (or admin).

I provide username and password, but redirect doesn't kick in.

The authentication happens (I get the session-cookie and there is no "Loggin failed"-text), but no redirect.

Any good ideas of what could cause this?

Feb 17, 2012 17:33
Vote:

Hi Anders!
You are probably logging in with a user that doesn’t have access to edit/admin. The authentication is valid and you will be logged in, but when trying to browse the edit-/admin mode you will be redirected to the login page again. Check that the user is member of the groups required to access edit/admin.
/Klas

Feb 17, 2012 18:17
Vote:

Well, this is embarrassing...

You were correct. I had another problem when I created the user (admin mode looked like trash, without any style) and I had to create the user by filling out things in the mark-up with Firebug. Obviously the groups didn't get right when I created the user by coping the html.

My face is now red as a tomato :)

Feb 17, 2012 18:45
Vote:

No worries, good to hear that you solved the problem!

Feb 20, 2012 11:40
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.