Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Directing to appropriate language site

Vote:

I am building a web site that has a British English version and US English, as well as serveral other language versions.

Is there any alternative other than building a HTTP module (if a module can access the personalisation database to match the IP address to country) or adding a control to the page template to direct users to the most appropriate language version? The personalisation module looks to only be able to change the content viewed on a page, rather than direct site visitors to different language versions of the site; is this correct?

Thanks

Richard

May 09, 2012 15:11
Vote:

Have you looked at the globalization tech-note? Gives nice overview over what's possible.

Frederik

May 09, 2012 20:49
Vote:

Thanks that was a helpful read; and helped clear up a few things. At least I know that I am not repeating something that is already created.

Richard

May 10, 2012 13:33
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.