Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

XForm Error - two properties can not have the same name

Vote:

Hello,

I have a strange xForm error when saving the xForm definition (not submitting the form) where it thinks that two properties have the same name.

I've checked the xForm definition via the edit interface and the property it complains about exists only once in the form. The only thing I can think of is that it's either cached somewhere or another property with the same name exists in the database but is no longer used (maybe it was created then deleted?).

Has anyone else encountered this before and know how to track down and resolve?

Thanks,

Mark

May 08, 2012 13:35
Vote:

Is it a migrated site?

May 08, 2012 15:22
Vote:

Save as a new form and it should work again in my experience. It's something with the views and procedures that the DDS creates.

May 08, 2012 18:40
Vote:

Thanks for your replies, Johan's suggestion resolved the issue.

It would be nice to know how to resolve this properly though rather than having to save a copy of the form...

May 10, 2012 10:57
Vote:

I haven't analyzed it thoroughly but I think it happends when you change types without changing the name of the form element. Then the DDS doesn't remap the views and SP's as it should.

May 10, 2012 11:02
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.