Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Overwrite access rights for PageFiles folder

Vote:

Hello,

In our project it's very important that we have association between documents and page structure.

In other words for each file in VPP we want to know pagereferace it is associated with -> PageFiles concept is perfect solution for that.

So far so good, but on the other hand in some rare cases we would like to overwrite access rights for some files/folder in give pagefiles container.

Great it you could direct me what options/'hacks' we could use to overwrite it behavior.

Thank you,

Piotr

Aug 13, 2012 11:31
Vote:

Hi Piotr - I'm not entirely sure what you are trying to-do here but to control the ACL logic to VPP files, I think your likely going to have to implement your own VirtualPathProvider.

Overwriting access to VPP files on the fly sounds a bit scary to me! I would look first to see if you can perhaps change the way you are storing vpp files or implementing security in CMS.

Aug 13, 2012 16:44
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.