Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Can I give access to "File Management" to Users

Vote:

Can I give access to some folders through "File Management" to Users wich are not Editors. Or how are users supposed to access files in folders that they have been given access rights to. 

Sep 06, 2012 15:49
Vote:

Right-click on folder in file manager and select "Edit Access Rights" or click "Change Access Rights" button in file manager toolbar to setup access rights for the folder.

You can also look at file manager in Customer zone of Alloy Tech templates if you need something like that on your site.

Sep 06, 2012 16:18
Vote:

Does this mean that I can not give access and show a folder with its files to an end-user. I was looking for a way to present a folder and its content to the user in the same way as an Editor can see it.

Sep 06, 2012 16:28
Vote:

You can. Set Read access rights for Everyone role for folder that should be accessible by anonymous users.

Sep 06, 2012 16:50
Vote:

The "File Management" button show up only in Edit mode not in User mode. Is there a way to show a folder "out of the box" to a user or do I have to write some code?

Sep 07, 2012 8:30
Vote:

All presentation to user is made through the page templates created by developers yes. So if you want to show "related files" or similar to end-user you will need a page template that has been built with that functionality. There is an example on the Alloy Tech site how to make both file listings and a simple "File Management" for a normal user. But yes, if you don't have that functionality built already on your site, you will need a developer to create that functionality for you.

Sep 07, 2012 10:13
Vote:

Exactly. Please look at file manager in Customer zone of Alloy Tech sample site if you need file-manager-like functionality.

This blog post describes how to add file manager on Relate site.

Sep 07, 2012 10:32
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.