Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Search Error

Vote:

To search for results internally a "GET" request is made to the service URL with querystring. Here if the user belongs to many groups and if the querystring passes the "GET" url limit the results are no longer displayed. I figured out the error when a user had many roles associated to him and also he had created many clubs and hence was by default the member of the club groups that he created(eg:- "group for club id 27"). hence the group list was long enough to cross the limit and hence the browser returned a bad request error. 

Solution according to me

We must filter out the club groups eg:- "group for club id 27" before GroupQuery is construted as any ways even if the person is not the member of the club group he will have the access to view that particular group and then when he clicks on the club the club controls handle all the role related information and render the page accordingly.

Jan 17, 2013 17:26
Vote:

I think there is a setting which allows longer url's.

Jan 17, 2013 22:35
Vote:

Hi Johan,

If you can let me know that setting it would be great.

Jan 18, 2013 17:39
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.