Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Pop up window

Vote:

My customer wants a page to be displayed "on top of" another page (like a pop up or a modal dialog), when the user clicks a link. What is the best way to implement this in Episerver CMS6?

Oct 02, 2013 13:21
Vote:

Do you mean a static popup (containing html and images) or one of EPiServer's modal dialogues?

Assuming you mean a static popup, the typical approach is to have a div with some content (the popup) that has a higher Z-index (using css) than the underlying page (meaning it will float on top). The popup div will initially be hidden (also using css) and then shown using javascript either on load or for example when a link is clicked. 

This is nothing EPiServer-specific, googling "javascript popup" should get you a bunch of example code. If you want your popup to contain contents from an EPiServer page you would populate the div in codebehind.

Edited, Oct 02, 2013 13:40
Vote:

Thank you Arild. That was what I was looking for. I will have a look at what Google says, and try :)

Oct 04, 2013 8:58
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.