Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Custom CSS styles only appear in one content area on the page

Vote:

Hello,

Anyone come across this?

I have a custom style so that it can be selected from the drop down within the editor.

There are three content areas on the page, however my style only appears in the top content area from the drop down and not the others on the page.

Any Ideas?

Thanks Marc.

Feb 04, 2013 16:10
Vote:

Hello,

Is there a known bug with this? Just noticed that the styles appear (now I've moved the editable region to the top that I need to use in the template) I save the page, then I go back in, and they have gone. I clear my browser cache, then they appear again!?

Many Thanks.

Marc.

Feb 06, 2013 13:56
Vote:

Hi!

Check the property settings for your three XhtmlString properties (I'm assuming that this is what you are using and not content areas since these were introduced in EPiServer CMS 7). My guess is that you are using different property settings for your properties and they have incorrect locations to the css-files for the editor.

Feb 06, 2013 15:39
Vote:

Hi Linus,

Thanks for getting back to me.

Have gone through the three properties, and I cant see anywhere I can point at the styles. The only place I've seen where this link can be configured is Admin Mode -> config - > system settings -> editing tab...

Many Thanks.

Marc.

Feb 06, 2013 16:01
Vote:

Hi!

The settings you are referring to is for the legacy editor. Now I'm asuming that you are using the TinyMCE editor. If this is the case, go to the admin view, find your page type, select one of the failing properties and check custom settings for this. If you want to use the same settings you can just point to a global setting for all three properties. This is explained more in the documentation:

http://world.episerver.com/Documentation/Items/Tech-Notes/EPiServer-CMS-6/EPiServer-CMS-6-R2/TinyMCE-Developers-Guide3/

Feb 07, 2013 7:42
Vote:

Hello Linus,

The above makes sense, and can do this now I know where the property exists, so solves part of my issue.

However, can you or anyone else explain the following scenario?

The styles appear in the Styles box. I press save and publish, go back into the edit mode, and they disappear! Have to clear my browser cache for them to re-appear!

Feb 07, 2013 10:13
Vote:

Sorry Marc, I don't have an idea why that happens and I have never heard about it.

Feb 11, 2013 15:32
Vote:

Hi Linus,

Thanks for looking anyway.

Would love to say it happens on just one of our sites, but it happens on three separate ones!

Many Thanks.

Feb 12, 2013 11:09
Vote:

Feb 12, 2013 15:54
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.