Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Detect cache invalidation in clustered environment

Vote:

Hello

If I have 2 servers serverA server B where editors are editing/saveing/deleteing pages on server A and visitors are on serverB

The notification is set up so pages on ServerB is renewed (cached removed) when editors edit pages on serverA....to my questions:

1) How cant I detect on ServerB that Cachemanager has triggered en "remove from cache event" from serverA?

2) If 1) is possible is it a way to detect if a certain page has tiggered the cache invalidation event i.e an editor saves pageZ on ServerA on serverB I fetch this removeEvent and detect that it is pageZ that has triggered this event on serverA

Thanks in advance!

Feb 07, 2013 9:11
Vote:

Seems like I have found a solution that works for me.

You could hook up to event "Event.Get(CacheManager.RemoveFromCacheEventId)" and then the PageEventArgs param contains a Param property that contains following string data "EPLanguageData:<pageId>"

Feb 07, 2013 11:36
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.