Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

EPiServer 6 project gives warning that I should reference EPiServer 7 assembly

Vote:

I have EPiServer 6 CMS 6 R2 and EPiServer 7 installed side by side. Everything seems to be working fine, except one tiny glitch in Visual Studio (or Resharper, I'm not entirely sure which one is causing the problem).

When I open up an EPiServer CMS 6 based project, I get red squiggly lines that suggest I should reference EPiServer.Data version 7. More specifically the tooltip says:

Module 'EPiServer.Data, Version=7.0.859.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=8fe83dea738b45b7' should be referenced

The interesting thing is that everything works fine, my solution compiles and the project runs. It's just that the IDE (not sure if it's Visual Studio's fault or Resharper's fault) highlights everything with the annoying red lines...

Does anyone else have the same problem and hopefully a solution to fix it?

Thanks!

Mar 08, 2013 9:01
Vote:

I can't seem to find out how to upload a screenshot in this forum so I uploaded it here:

https://twitter.com/ngeor/status/309937280351625216/photo/1

Thanks again.

Edited, Mar 08, 2013 9:04
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.