Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

WebEditors

Vote:

Hi, Someone from our company deleted the WebEditors group from our EpiServer 6 R2 CMS. Can you tell me if this is a huge issue or can the Group be re-added and the users assigned back to the Group? Or will this cause a huge issue for reasons such as an ID is assigned to the group and can never be reassigned correctly? The thing that worries me is that I have to go through each Composer element on ever page of the site re-setting the permissions and there seems to be an issue where a member from the newly created WebEditors group can add a Composer element to a page and it turns grey and is unusable - only when an Administrator edits the permissions to the new control can the WebEditor add edit the control.

Aug 06, 2013 14:53
Vote:

Hi, you can re-create the group. There's no ID's, access rights are just set with a "magic" string. BUT, when you delete a group you get a question regarding if you also want to delete access rights set with this group. So the access rights might be lost, and you have to re-set them on all pages, composer blocks and directories. You also have to re-add all the users to the group.

Edited, Aug 07, 2013 2:21
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.