Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Elencysolutions.Imagemap.Properties on IIS 6

Vote:

Hi,

I have installed Elencysolutions.Imagemap.Properties on IIS 6, but there seems to be a problem running the solution because the editor page for the solution is embedded in the assemblyfile as a resource. When I try to open the editor window for Elencysolution.Imagemap.Properties I get 404 error because IIS 6 doesn't find the file.

I guess the solution is using ISAPI redirect of some sort. I tried to figure it out, but haven't found a solution yet.

Anybody else how have installed this solution on IIS 6. I really could use some help in configureing the solution so IIS can find the embedded file in the assembly.

In advance thank you so much for your help!!!

Kind regards,

Jon Haakon

Sep 04, 2013 8:49
Vote:

I solved this by putting:

<script runat="server">
void Application_Start(object sender, EventArgs e)
{
var provider = new ElencySolutions.ImageMap.Properties.RegisterResources.Start();
}

</script>

in global.asax. 

Resources:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3601228/custom-virtualpathprovider-not-being-used-in-iis6

http://forums.asp.net/t/995633.aspx

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/4266314/how-can-i-fix-a-2104-error-in-a-silverlight-application

Sep 09, 2013 10:13
Vote:

The post above worked for a while, but I managed to change global.asax by mistake and then it didn't work no more.

I changed to what was working previously, but I keep getting error about protection level on RegisterResources which is an internal function.

The method Start inside RegisterResources is however public, but the class overrides this.

I copied all the code regarding registering the resources into global.asax. After that, I did't get an error when I'm opening the editorial window for ImageMap:

System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: stream

Stack trace:

[ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: stream]
System.IO.StreamReader..ctor(Stream stream, Encoding encoding, Boolean detectEncodingFromByteOrderMarks, Int32 bufferSize) +9431625
System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.ParseFile(String physicalPath, VirtualPath virtualPath) +232
System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.ParseInternal() +86
System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.Parse() +160
System.Web.Compilation.BaseTemplateBuildProvider.get_CodeCompilerType() +110
System.Web.Compilation.BuildProvider.GetCompilerTypeFromBuildProvider(BuildProvider buildProvider) +65
System.Web.Compilation.BuildProvidersCompiler.ProcessBuildProviders() +218
System.Web.Compilation.BuildProvidersCompiler.PerformBuild() +40
System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.CompileWebFile(VirtualPath virtualPath) +9098998
System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetVPathBuildResultInternal(VirtualPath virtualPath, Boolean noBuild, Boolean allowCrossApp, Boolean allowBuildInPrecompile, Boolean throwIfNotFound, Boolean ensureIsUpToDate) +320
System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetVPathBuildResultWithNoAssert(HttpContext context, VirtualPath virtualPath, Boolean noBuild, Boolean allowCrossApp, Boolean allowBuildInPrecompile, Boolean throwIfNotFound, Boolean ensureIsUpToDate) +111
System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetVirtualPathObjectFactory(VirtualPath virtualPath, HttpContext context, Boolean allowCrossApp, Boolean throwIfNotFound) +125
System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.CreateInstanceFromVirtualPath(VirtualPath virtualPath, Type requiredBaseType, HttpContext context, Boolean allowCrossApp) +52
System.Web.UI.PageHandlerFactory.GetHandlerHelper(HttpContext context, String requestType, VirtualPath virtualPath, String physicalPath) +31
System.Web.UI.PageHandlerFactory.System.Web.IHttpHandlerFactory2.GetHandler(HttpContext context, String requestType, VirtualPath virtualPath, String physicalPath) +40
System.Web.HttpApplication.MapHttpHandler(HttpContext context, String requestType, VirtualPath path, String pathTranslated, Boolean useAppConfig) +167
System.Web.MapHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +128
System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +184

Sep 10, 2013 11:13
Vote:

Due to an error later that caused the hole website to be down a hole day, the problem was caused by some firewall roleset.

It was therefore impossible to solve the error because I always got the same error no matter what I did.

Sep 16, 2013 21:44
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.