Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Page version history gone

Vote:

I have a website where several pages appear to have lost all previoius page versions. Only the current version remains. This has affected about twenty pages, on a website with several hundred.

The web editors cannot remember if they have worked with any of the affected pages. If they have, it has only been minor spelling fixes and moving pages in the page tree.

We have Google Analytics on the website and can comfirm that pages have existed for over a year, as the web editors remember.

I have checked all scheduled jobs, but almost none are active and those active have nothing to do with page version history.

I am at lost for what might have caused this, do any of you have any ideas?

Oct 15, 2014 16:24
Vote:

What is your UImax version set to on live? Should be in the <Sitesettings> or you could check the system settings from within EPiServer.

If this turns out to be 1 it could explain the issue. The fact that you still have more version on other pages could be that those pages hasn't been updated (republished) since the change to 1 version.

Oct 16, 2014 10:10
Vote:

The UIMaxVersions is set to 0. But most pages have several versions.

Oct 16, 2014 13:29
Vote:

0 is the unlimited one so then epi won't remove any versions at all.

Could you check the DB to see if the version table holds the missing versions? Should be able to select on the pageID.

Oct 16, 2014 15:26
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.