Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Site throws 404

Vote:

Hi, 

I have problem setting upp a customers site in development. It's not our company that have built the solution from the beginning. 

The problem I'm facing is that when I try to go to the site I get a 404 page not found, but edit mode works and all the pages in edit mode works. The "working copy"works fine but not the published one, this is the same for all pages in the site. 

Has anyone encountered simillar problem??

Kr /Petter

Sep 03, 2014 11:24
Vote:

Look for host bindings under Admin / Config / Manage Websites.

Sep 03, 2014 12:53
Vote:

Thanks, 

I get an error when I try to go to "Site Information": Compiler Error Message: CS0234: The type or namespace name 'Restriction' does not exist in the namespace 'EPiServer.Licensing' (are you missing an assembly reference?)

I have EPiServer.Licensing.dll referenced in my project. 

Sep 03, 2014 13:41
Vote:

Can you double check assembly versions and bindings? Maybe something there as EPiServer.Licensing is in place, but fails to load. Is app pool using correct .Net version?

Are all EPiServer assemblies of the same version? Maybe some mix matches for "upgraded" sites, etc.

Sep 03, 2014 15:09
Vote:

Could it be wildcard mapping in the IIS that is the problem. It could be set to validate the existence of the physical files before processing them, thus rendering the friendly url rewriter useless.

You could also try to install an alloy samlpe website via Deployment Center. If that one is working you could also copy all DLLs from that website except the site specific. This ensure you have all binaries. But I believe you have trouble like the one I mentioned in the beginning. That something is wrong with the IIS instance.

I have seen this error before but I do not rember how I solved it though :) 

Sep 03, 2014 23:38
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.