Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

File Management - > Upload Multiple files

Vote:

HI,

it's possible to uplkoad more than one file contemporary in edit mode -> file management ->  Add new file ?

Thanks 

Sep 04, 2009 9:00
Vote:

Yes, this is possible. In order to do so you need to do 2 things.

1. install "Client Components". Go to Edit Mode and select -> Root Folder. On the top of the page you will see several tabs. Click the one named "Components". Click the button "Install version 2.3". The page will reload and you should see a green V to the right of the 3 components (spell check, export and advanced file upload).

2. (if you are not a menber of the administrator group) Go to Admin mode -> select the tab "Config" and click "permission for functions" under security. Add the groups you want to the "Allow advanced upload..." and save.

You will now be able to right click in the File manager and select "upload multiple files" as well as Drag&Drop file from the Windows Explorer to the EPiServer file manager.

Sep 04, 2009 9:33
Vote:

Hi Ivan.

Yes, it is possible. But you have to install EPiServer CMS Client Components first. This can be done from the Root folder in Edit mode. Click the Components tab and install the Client Components. If you have Vista or Windows 7, take a look at this FAQ: http://world.episerver.com/en/FAQ/Items/Installing-ActiveX-Controls-in-EPiServer-Client-Components-on-Windows-Vista/.

You also have to enable the advanced upload in Admin mode. Click the Config tab and go to "Permissions for Functions"

Now you should be able to upload multiple files with the "Add Multiple Files"option in the file manager and you should also be able to drag and drop files from your desktop

Hope this helps!

Br, Tore

Sep 04, 2009 9:34
Vote:

hi all,

If I have "Allow advanced upload..." under Admin mode -> Config -> permission for functions, does it meen I have Client Components required installed? I have added the group I belong to to permission for functions for Allow advanced upload... but it still doesn't work...

Thanks for any advice.

Radek

Mar 25, 2011 16:05
Vote:

Client components are on the "my settings" page. Go to edit mode and then click on your username and you should get a client components tab

Mar 25, 2011 17:10
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.