Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Upgrading from 3 to 4

Vote:

I'm trying to upgrade from Community 3 to 4. I have a general question about what steps should be taken?

Also, after copying the new CommonFramework and Community assemblies to my bin directory and updating a bunch of assembly binding redirects I'm stuck witht he below error message:

Unable to load one or more of the requested types. The following information may be a subset of the Type/LoaderException information present - inspect with debugger for complete view.

Could not load file or assembly 'EPiServer.ApplicationModules, Version=6.1.79.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=8fe83dea738b45b7' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.,

I'm a bit confused considering that this is the first I've heard of EPiServer.ApplicationsModules.

Any pointers on what's causing the above error and general assistance in upgrading from 3 to 4 would be much appreciated.

Jul 19, 2010 23:46
Vote:

As for the specific error referred to above, do you have EPiServer.ApplicationModules?

It's part of the latest EPiServer Framework version and Community uses it for the client part of the new search functionality.

Jul 26, 2010 10:07
Vote:

Thanks! I had some issues when I ran the installer and the latest version of Framework hadn't been installed.

By the way, can you confirm that one can run the update SQL-scripts without affecting an existing site? I'm thinking about how to actually perform an upgrade of a live site and if it's possible to first update the DB and then the application that's an attractive route.

Jul 27, 2010 13:01
Vote:

For doing a full migration of a live site (ie, where you want to migrate existing data), I would recommend waiting for the 3.2sp1 to 4.0 migration scripts and docs are available.

Jul 28, 2010 9:37
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Legacy add-ons forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.