Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Cannot access community tab in EPi UI when logged in with Active Directory user

Vote:

I am unable to view the community > administration / moderation tabs in the EPiServer UI when logged in with an Active Directory user.

I am building an EPiServer 7 website with Community integration for an Intranet.

The intranet will use AD role and membership providers for security.

To get a handle on how this works, I have installed a relate+ site and am configuring it to use AD for membership and roles.

I have been able to configure this successfully according to the instructions by Tom Stenius. I have been able to:

1. Enable the Active directory membership and role providers.
  2. Observe that when a new domain users logs into the website, a record is created for them in the table [tblEPiServerCommonUser].
  3. Observed the user being correctly mapped to a role called "CommunityMembers" in the table [tblEPiServerCommonGroupUser].

At this point I want to log into the community section in the EPiServer ui area to create new forums etc but cannot even see the community tab at the top of the page.

My first thought was that I could not see the community tab as my active directory user was not in either of the groups CommunityAdmins or CommunityModerators, therefore I have added the following virtual role mappings in the episerverframework.config

<add name="CommunityAdmins" roles="GG-Developers" mode="Any" type="EPiServer.Security.MappedRole, EPiServer.Framework" />
<add name="CommunityModerators" roles="GG-Developers" mode="Any" type="EPiServer.Security.MappedRole, EPiServer.Framework" />	

This however does still not enable the tab to be shown in the epi ui.

I know the virtual mappings works correctly as I have needed to add the following to enable me to log into the epu ui for CMS and Admin functions

<add name="Administrators" roles="GG-Developers" mode="Any" type="EPiServer.Security.MappedRole, EPiServer.Framework" />

So i am now a bit stuck and not sure what to next look at in trying to enable this to work.

I have had a good look around for documentation on world but cannot seem to find anything around the AD integration with community.

Can anyone help?

Thanks,

Adam

Aug 22, 2013 17:05
Vote:

If you create sample page that enlists all user's roles and login with the user comming from AD -> do you see Community Admins and/or Moderators there?

Aug 23, 2013 14:51
Vote:

Hi Valdis

I have created a page to display this and the CommunityAdmins/CommunityModerators groups are not shown for the current logged in user or when requesting the groups for another user.

Here is the code I have used.

https://gist.github.com/adamjenkin/6351310

Adam

Aug 27, 2013 11:08
Vote:

Hi, did you ever solve this issue? We have the same issue in CMS 8 and Relate at the moment.

Feb 25, 2015 11:16
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Legacy add-ons forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.