Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

No Recipients In The List

Vote:

Hi

I have succesfully installed EPiServer Mail v3.4.0.0 including all the hotfixes available in the download section, but one final issue is eluding me and doesn't seem present in any of the previous forum posts in this section.

My receipient is empty. I tried changing the 'Everyone' value list remains empty. Even though I changed roleToSynchronize1 from 'Everyone' to 'Customer' in my web.config, it remains empty. Every single non-admin user is a Customer, so this behavior is quite weird. This are my web.config entries:

<add name="SqlServerMembershipProvider" type="System.Web.Security.SqlMembershipProvider, System.Web, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a" connectionStringName="EPiServerDB" requiresQuestionAndAnswer="false" applicationName="EPiServerSample" requiresUniqueEmail="true" passwordFormat="Hashed" maxInvalidPasswordAttempts="10" minRequiredPasswordLength="7" minRequiredNonalphanumericCharacters="0" passwordAttemptWindow="10" passwordStrengthRegularExpression="" />

<add name="StarSuiteMembershipProvider" applicationName="StarSuiteApplication" type="StarSuite.Core.Web.Authorization.MembershipProvider, StarSuite.Core.Web.Authorization" />

<add name="StarSuiteIntegrationMembershipProvider" applicationName="StarSuiteApplication" type="StarSuite.Core.Web.Authorization.IntegrationMembershipProvider, StarSuite.Core.Web.Authorization" provider="SqlServerMembershipProvider" roleToSynchronize1="Customer" />

If I select Manage recipients in my EPiServer CMS 5, I only have the default choices available,

'Standard' and 'Global'. I'm guessing that this is related to my issue.

Any clue of where to go from here?

Dec 01, 2008 11:15
Vote:

Hi Kristian!

I assume that you are using EPiServer Mail 4.3 and that the only source available is "Standard" and the section available is "Global"?

In that case, you need to manually upload your recipient lists (as described under Manage Recipients in "Users Guide - EPiServer Mail 4.3.0").

For other recipient sources, look into the EPiServer Community integration source and the Sample Source available in Appendix A of "Developers Guide - EPiServer Mail 4.3.0".

All documentation can be found here at EPiServer World.

Dec 01, 2008 17:48
Vote:

Thank you for your swift reply Joakim.

I had understood that EPiServer Mail 4.3 would be able to import a receiptent list from my EPiServer CMS 5 SP2 installation, but it sounds like I have to handle all of this manually then, or by developing my own provider?

It says this in the Developer's guide:

When running EPiServer Mail together with EPiServer Community or EPiServer CMS 4.x there are options to install implementations of IRecipientSource for these, during the EPiServer Mail installation. The EPiServer Community source selects all current EPiServer Community users with the subscription user attribute set. The name of the attribute can be specified in the configuration file. The EPiServer CMS source selects all current EPiServer CMS users. The sample code in Appendix 1 is an example of a custom source.

In the code I posted above I am using the StarSuiteIntegrationMembershipProvider, is this not the correct way to do this?

Edited, Dec 02, 2008 6:55
Vote:

Hi Kristian!

I'm sorry about the confusion caused by the manual! Like you quoted, it refers to EPiServer CMS 4.x.

Regarding EPiServer CMS 5.x; as of CMS 5, it no longer keeps it own user database but relies on external providers. No EPiServer Mail Recipient Source that uses the configured membership provider comes with the EPiServer Mail installation bundle.

The StarSuiteIntegrationMembershipProvider is only used for syncing users allowed to log in to the admin interface.

Dec 02, 2008 11:10
Vote:

I see Joakim. That clears things up a bit. Thank you very much :)

Dec 02, 2008 11:46
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Legacy add-ons forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.