Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

ÅÄÖ disappearing

Vote:

Anyone know why certain recipients can't see ÅÄÖ in the mails I send from EPi Mail? All clients I've tested with (Outlook Exchange, Windows Mail and Gmail) can see the characters, but some users cannot, they're simply removed from the mail.

I'm using UTF-8. Thanks in advance.

Oct 14, 2009 13:31
Vote:

Please inspect the "encoding" attribute on the episerver.mail/sites/site/editor element of your EPiServerMail.config, I'm quite sure you'll find it to be set to "iso-8859-1".

Oct 14, 2009 14:55
Vote:

When you say that you are using UTF-8, I assume that means you have encoding="utf-8" in EPiServerMail.config?

It is possible that the clients where the issue has been encountered simply do not support utf-8. Do you know of any examples of clients where the problem occurs?

Oct 14, 2009 14:56
Vote:

Thanks guys! You were right, the config-file had the wrong encoding. Updated it and it works now.
Oct 14, 2009 16:31
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Legacy add-ons forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.